Federal Employee Professional Liability – Benefit Highlights
- Our Federal Employee Professional Liability Insurance plans provide you with coverage for liabilities arising out of acts, errors and omissions that you commit as a federal employee.
- Career Builder, is a plan we designed specifically for federal employees within their first three years of service.
- Security Clearance coverage to enhance our World Wide and Career Protector plans (at no extra charge) to defend against any administrative proceedings to revoke an insured's security clearance.
- Career Protector, an enhanced plan specifically for federal managers to protect against allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation or wrongful termination made by a fellow federal employee. This plan now includes coverage to fill gaps relative to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) at no extra cost.
- Global protection available with our World Wide Plan, which expands coverage to include allegations brought against you anywhere in the world.
- Our FEPLI policy also includes coverage to protect qualified active federal law enforcement officers against any liabilities arising out of an act, error, or omission as defined and authorized by the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA).
- Up to $2,000,000 to pay civil court judgments against you.
- Up to $200,000 in defense costs for federal government initiated administrative proceedings and investigations.
- Up to $200,000 in defense costs for criminal proceedings or investigations.
- Loss Prevention Helpline available ($50 additional annual charge for $1,000,000 Liability Limit plan; No charge for $2,000,000 plans). Provides up to 2 hours of phone consultation with a legal professional to try to reduce your liability exposure before a claim is even filed.
- Maintain your retroactive date if you currently have professional liability insurance coverage with another provider.
- 36 month extended reporting period after you leave the federal government
- Only full or part time federal employees (including military federal civilian employees) are eligible to apply for Starr Wright USA’s Federal Employee Professional Liability Insurance (FEPLI) plans.
Regardless of which plan you choose, keep in mind all federal agencies are required by law to reimburse qualified employees up to half (50%) of their annual premium for their coverage.
If You Download the Application - Please Note: Your future Starr Wright USA premiums can be paid automatically from your account at your financial institution on a Monthly, Quarterly, or Annual basis through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). To sign up for EFT: download, complete, and return our EFT Form along with your completed application.