10-Year Level Group Term Life Insurance - Plan Details
- Full-time, partt-time, or retired federal employees under age 65, residing in the United States may apply.
- The lawful (not legally separated) spouse under age 65 of an individual meeting the criteria directly above may apply for coverage in their own right.
- Benefit amounts available for eligible applicants are from $100,000 to $1,000,000 in $25,000 increments.
- Total combined coverage for each insured person under the Starr Wright USA Group Term Life Insurance Plan underwritten by ReliaStar Life is $1,000,000.
You can download, complete, and return the signed application to the plan administrator at the address listed on the form. Be sure to answer all questions on the application.
If You Download the Application - Please Note: Your future Starr Wright USA premiums can be paid automatically from your account at your financial institution on a Monthly, Quarterly, or Annual basis through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). To sign up for EFT: download, complete, and return our EFT Form along with your completed application.
If you have any questions during the application process, please call 800-424-9801 for assistance.
- Accelerated Life Benefit (ALB) - Helps terminally ill insureds during a difficult and often financially challenging time. ALB provides the option to have a portion (up to 50%) of your life insurance benefit paid to you while still alive. This money can be used to help cover prescription drug costs, medical bills, outstanding debts, experimental treatments, the cost of modifications to your home, or anything else you choose. To qualify, an individual must be diagnosed as having a life expectancy of 12 months or less. Complete details are in the Certificate of Insurance. Receipt of accelerated benefits payments may be taxable. Assistance should be sought from a personal tax advisor.
- Group Conversion Privilege - You may convert your coverage to an individual whole life policy offered by ReliaStar Life, regardless of physical condition or medical history, under the conditions stated in your Certificate of Insurance.
- Beneficiary - You can name anyone you wish as your beneficiary(ies). That person will receive all the proceeds of your coverage in the event of your death. It could be a family member or a close friend. You can change your beneficiary at any time, by written request.
- Incontestability - The validity of any amount of insurance which has been in force for two years during the insured's life will not be contested except for non-payment of premium contributions.
- Certificate of Insurance - The information provided here is only a brief description of the principle provisions and features of the plan. The complete terms and conditions are set forth in the certificate of insurance, under group policy GL-67182-7. A certificate will be sent to you upon approval of your insurance. This group policy is issued by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company to the Civil Service Employee Benefit Association on Policy Form LP00GP.
- 30-Day Free Look – When you receive your Certificate of Insurance, read it carefully. If you're not completely satisfied with the terms of your new insurance plan and no claims have been submitted or paid, simply return your certificate within 30 days and any premium paid will be refunded. No questions asked.
- Funeral Planning* – Starr Wright USA insureds have access to Funeral Planning & Concierge Services. These services provide an opportunity to discuss and obtain information from independent experts. These professionals can assist in funeral planning for insureds and eligible family members. Click here for details. This product is not available in all states.
- Voya Travel Assistance** – Voya Travel Assistance offers eligible Starr Wright USA insureds and their spouses four types of services when they are traveling more than 100 miles from home (domestically or internationally): Emergency Transportation Services, Medical Assistance Services, Emergency Personal Services, and Pre-Trip Information. Click here for details. This product is not available in all states.
A death benefit will not be paid due to death as a result of suicide (while sane or insane) within 2
years of the date insurance or increase of insurance coverage starts.
The Civil Service Employee Benefit Association (CSEBA) is the group policyholder of this insurance program. CSEBA makes available voluntary risk management products and services, other voluntary benefits, and educational services to current and former federal employees. Starr Wright USA acts as the program administrator for CSEBA.
Right to change benefits, rates or terminate the plan
Changes to the group policy are subject to agreement between the group policyholder (CSEBA) and ReliaStar Life Insurance Company. CSEBA or ReliaStar Life may terminate the plan on any premium due date with advance notice. If the plan is terminated by CSEBA or ReliaStar Life, at least 30 days advance notice will be provided to the individual insured member(s). The initial premium will not change for the first 10 years unless the insurance company exercises its right to change premium rates for all insureds covered under the group policy with 60 days advance written notice.
Starr Wright USA
6110 Parkland Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44124-4187
Plan Underwritten by:
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company
Minneapolis, MN 55440
This website provides brief descriptions of insurance plans offered and is not a contract. Complete terms, conditions, definitions, exclusions, limitations, and renewability requirements are detailed in the group policy issued to the group policyholder. Each insured will be provided a Certificate of Insurance that summarizes policy provisions affecting his/her coverage.
* Funeral Planning and Concierge services provided by Everest Package, LLC, Houston, TX 77056. This product is not available in all states.
**Voya Travel Assistance services are provided by Europ Assistance USA, Bethesda, MD 20814. This product is not available in all states.
Insurance provided by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company, a member of the Voya® family of companies. Home and Administrative Offices: Minneapolis, Minnesota. Policy form LP00GP. Product availability and provisions may vary by state. The group policy is sitused in the District of Columbia and is governed by its laws.