Federal Employee Accident Insurance
The Policy provides limited benefits for accidental death and dismemberment only. It does not provide basic hospital, basic medical, major medical or sickness coverage. It is not a Medicare Supplement policy.
This is only a brief description of the coverage available under Policy AH-45001 and its state variations issued by Starr Indemnity & Liability Company. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in the Policy which will govern if there are any conflicts or discrepancies with this document or if any point is not covered herein.
Accident-only coverage is designed to provide for losses resulting from a covered accident subject to any limitations contained in the Policy.
The amount of benefits and premiums will depend upon the plan selected. If family coverage is selected, spousal coverage will be 75% of the primary insured’s amount and dependent coverage will be 10% of the primary insured’s amount. The benefit for the primary insured will be reduced to 65% at ages 70 – 74, 45% at ages 75 – 79 and 30% at ages 80 – 84. Coverage terminates at age 85.
The Policy does not cover loss caused or contributed by:
- Intentionally self-inflicted injury
- Suicide or attempted suicide
- War or while on active military duty
- While on any aircraft as a pilot, crewmember, student pilot, flight instructor, being used for tests, experimental purposes, stunt flying, racing or endurance testing or on any aircraft except a civil, public or military transport aircraft
- While taking drugs unless prescribed or administered by a physician
- While riding or driving in a scheduled race or testing a motor vehicle on tracks, speedways or proving grounds
- While committing or attempting to commit a felony
- While intoxicated or driving while intoxicated
The Policy is guaranteed renewable until the termination age. The terms of the policy cannot be changed except that, in the future, there may be a premium increase.
Premiums are $6.30 per month for $100,000 of individual coverage, $11.10 per month for an individual and spouse and $12.30 per month for a family. Monthly premiums for $250,000 of coverage are $15.75 for an individual, $27.75 for an individual and spouse and $30.75 for a family.
For Policies issued in Colorado, South Dakota and Washington:
Premiums are $5.50 per month for $100,000 of individual coverage, $9.60 per month for an individual and spouse and $10.70 per month for a family. Monthly premiums for $250,000 of coverage are $13.75 for an individual, $24.00 for an individual and spouse and $26.75 for a family.